KAIERAU HISTORY


Today Kaierau country club and its modern facilities are situated on approx 23 acres of land at 100 devon road springvale.


One of the largest sporting clubs in Wanganui comprises over 700 members participating in senior/junior rugby,netball and touch rugby.
With over 119 years of history
it is still renowned as a multi cultural , family orientated sports club.


The club has come along way since its foundation in 1891 with the majority of the members being residents of St John's Hill, and that part of the borough in its vicinity.It is interesting to note that old boys of the Collegiate School were numerous.As a matter of fact nine of Kaierau's first fifteen were old boys, the remainder being players from the disbanded Gordon and Railway Clubs.


The Club took its name from a hill on the property of our president, Mr W.J Peake.Many years afterwards we discovered that the Maori name of the range of hills, from the point overlooking Springvale and reaching towards Russellvale(Mosston) was Kaierau.The name we use today.


If you would like to learn more of the history of this great club, the Centennial History of The Kaierau Football Club book (KAIWAKA) is available from the clubrooms.
"ONCE A KAIERAU, ALWAYS A KAIERAU-KAIWAKA!''

SPONSORS

Old Boys & Supporters Club

LOCATION

UPCOMING EVENTS

WED 01ST JAN 2014

CLUB TIES, REPLICA JERSEYS,TRAINING TEES FOR PURCHASE
Read More

SAT 21ST NOV 2015

WORKING BEE
Read More

WED 01ST JAN 2014

MEMBERS SUBS DUE NOW FROM $20.00.
Read More

FRI 09TH OCT 2015

2015/2016 KICKSTART RUGBY
Read More

NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP

QUICK LINKS